This Saturday will be the 51st Eurovision Song Contest, held in Athens, Greece.
It’s a unique event for so many reasons, but mainly, it’s the one time of the year where each country agrees to making a complete fool of itself for the sake of “music”.
While Terry Wogan’s classic commentary makes the event slightly less painful, I suggest a drinking game. Let me know if you choose to tune in to the embarrassment that is the Eurovision Song Contest on Saturday night!
- Speak in rhyme
- Gaze into each others eyes — drain glass if they pash
- Wink at camera
- Drop to their knees
- Make a peace sign
- Sing in language other than English or native tongue (ie. Ukrainian sings Hasta La Vista)
- Wear a hat – drain glass if wearing horns
- Flick their hair – drain glass if bald
- Have a moustache – drain glass if female with moustache
- Show décolletage – drain glass if wearing a codpiece
- Rapping – drain glass!
- Mime heavy guitar solo
- Play an ‘ethnic’ instrument
- Play piano while standing
- ‘Ethnic’ dancing – drain glass if Hip Hop dancing
- Pretend to fight – drain glass if martial arts
- Contortionist – drain glass!
- Helicopter shots
- Sped up or slowed down film
- Any costume change
- Any key change
- Use of props (i.e. candles, ribbons, dummies)
- Use of fireworks – drain glass if singer catches fire
- UK gets no points – drain glass if UK catches fire
- Your country wins – drain glass!
All credit for this hilarious drinking game goes to Kim Beissel.