I sort-of borrowed-and-adapted this from Girl Afraid because I’m a bit too braindead and bored today to write a proper entry, even though I’ve got tons of things I *want* to write about later.
THREE THINGS I AM WEARING RIGHT NOW:
1. Black and grey striped boatneck top that I luuurve
2. Black jeans
3. Peach necklace
THREE THINGS I HAVE BOUGHT RECENTLY:
1. An SD Card for my Pocket PC
2. Pear & Apple Green Tea
3. The Da Vinci Code book by Dan Brown
THREE THINGS ON MY DESK
1. Two beanie babies on top of my monitor (a puppy from Pauline and a piggy from high school friends)
2. A little foamy yellow “chair” for my mobile phone with the company’s logo on it
3. Shedloads of work
THREE THINGS I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT
1. Not a thing, but Andrew!!!
2. Music of some sort
3. My essential oils burner and the tons of nice smells it creates in the living room
THREE THINGS I WANT TO DO BEFORE I DIE:
1. Learn Spanish properly
2. Backpack around Europe
3. Make enough money to be able to travel and go see my family when I want
THREE GOOD WAYS TO DESCRIBE MY CURRENT MOOD
3. Wishing I was in the comfort of my own home
THREE MUSIC ALBUMS I LOVE
1. LAL – Warm Belly, High Power
2. Stacey Kent – all her music really, I don’t have it sorted by albums
3. Ani DiFranco – Up, Up, Up, Up, Up, Up…
THREE SMALL THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
1. Vanilla flavoured tea or coffee
2. A warm comfy bed
3. Will & Grace
THREE THINGS I CAN’T STAND
1. Smelly people in enclosed spaces
2. Unnecessary rudeness
3. Getting the cold shoulder from someone you like
I’ve been having a weird week, a “not feeling like blogging much” week, so here’s a post that didn’t require much thinking…
Storms – Cool or Scary?: Great! Especially when you have big windows or a veranda! *childhood memories*
Favourite alcoholic drink: Sangria, Cosmopolitans and other not-vile-tasting-but-not-too-too-sweet cocktails.
Favourite non-alcoholic drink: Fresh pineapple juice
Finish this statement, “If I had the time, I would…”: have finished all my work by now, and would have gone for a practice drive today. Instead, we went out to finish our Christmas shopping.
If you could dye your hair any colour, what would you choose?: Keep it permanently the gorgeous burgundy colour with purple shades that I had a few weeks ago. It’s now faded to a slightly duller red.
Name the cities/towns you’ve lived in: Rockland, Hull, Ottawa (Canada) and Harlow, Sawbridgeworth (England)
One nice thing about the last person you spoke to: My hubby, the sweetest person ever! What can I say, he’s just great, and rather cute too!
Morning person or night owl?: Neither really, I’m at my best late-afternoon, early evening. I used to be a morning person as a teenager, believe it or not!
Favourite place to relax?: Menorca — on the boat, on the beach, at the villa or at Sa Roca, the restaurant with the most amazing peaceful atmosphere on the face of this earth.
Favourite dessert?: Fudge brownies with vanilla ice cream (made with real vanilla beans)
Books I particularly liked reading over the years…
- The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum
- No Logo by Naomi Klein
- About A Boy by Nick Hornby
- La course destination monde 1995-1996
- Chocolat, Three Quarters of the Orange and Blackberry Wine, all by Joanne Harris
- Le Petit Prince by St-Exupéry
- The Night Listener by Armistead Maupin
- The Classic 1000 Cocktails by Robert Cross
- Jamie’s Kitchen by Jamie Oliver
- My Favourite Seafood Recipes by Rick Stein
Books I WANT to read, some of them I’ve already read, some I’ve part-read, but all I want to read or re-read:
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Neuromancer by William Gibson
- Anne Frank’s Diary
Feel free to recommend more books I should read, or tell me which of my must-read’s you think are crap! 😛
This is another list that’ll grow as time goes by. Hopefully, I’ll get back into the habit of reading more than I do at the moment!
This list contains some of the things I want to do at some point in my life. Some are once-in-a-lifetime experiences, some will be ongoing things. Either way, it isn’t a complete list, just a glimpse into what I’d like to see and do! And by all means, it’s going to keep growing!
- Visit Japan and eat real sushi
- Eat at a Gordon Ramsey restaurant
- Go up in a hot air balloon
- Go to New Zealand to do skydiving
Take photography lessons – Take photos of my everyday life to record and remember
- Go backpacking in the South of France
- Get back into the habit of reading a book a week at least
- Take my family for a holiday to Menorca
- See the following musicals:
Miss Saigon (done 18/12/04), Les Misérables (again), Sunset Boulevard, Chicago, Company and RENT (again!)
- Be in an amateur production of a musical
- Take a yoga class for long enough to know what I’m doing
Work in a foreign country Does living and working in the UK count? 🙂 – I think so
- Learn to drive a motorboat well enough for Andrew to be able to waterski
- Start a personal marketing project, go all the way through with it, and succeed at making money out of it!
Get the opportunity to blog for a living Sounds like we’re on the way with this one
Work for a startup or young fresh business First, Shiny Shiny, and second, Taptu
I have to admit, this is based on a chain email I got from Jimena… I’m not a fan of chain emails and anything remotely related to junkmail, but it’s still a good laugh to answer it (10 at the time, not all 100 questions or however many are usually in those emails!)
The last movie/tv show I watched on DVD: Red Dwarf Season 4
Current books I’m reading: Principles of Marketing by Kotler, Bourne Supremacy by Ludlum, and I’m taking a peek in Andrew’s Bill Bryson books as well.
Favourite game: Hmm it’s a tie between The Sims 2 on PC and Dancing Stage Fever (Dance mat) on PS2
Favourite magazine: I don’t really read magazines, but Heat, Closer and other such junk helps pass time at the gym
Favourite smell: Vanilla mmmmm
Favourite foods: All Asian foods – Thai, Chinese, Japanese (sushi!), Indian… And anything involving seafood
Favourite sounds: Rain on the canal outside our apartment
Worst feeling in the world: Helplessness, when something stresses you out but there’s nothing you can do!
What’s the first thing you think when you wake up?: “What day are we? Please please let it be Saturday…” 😉
Favourite fast food place: Depends how you define fast food… Marks & Spencer sushi is “fast” food but tasty!
I have an Amazon WishList. Feel free to buy me gifts!
Ten useless facts about me
- I’m only 5’2″ even though I insist on telling everyone I’m 5’2″ 1/2
- I’ve got three lovely younger sisters, who I call my “little” sisters even though they’re all taller than me
- I’m 23, but I still don’t have a driving licence 😯
- I now work in Marketing for a publishing company, but in 3 years, I’ve had
four five different jobs within that company.
- I love online shopping even though I don’t trust many sites with my bank details.
- I hate the generic Nokia ringtone even though it reminds me of a funny tv show
- I have a BA with Honours in Communications from Ottawa University
- Someday I want to get further qualifications in Marketing
- I like to eat tortellinis right out the pack before cooking the rest
- On a rainy Friday morning, thinking of useless facts is quite hard!