A blogger’s guilty pleasure, filling in a meme. I’ve got an immense backlog of things I want to post, as many personal ones as great marketing finds and business ideas. But it’s like having the choice between a double spiced rum and coke or a glass of water, I’ll choose the one that pickles my brain and leave the healthy stuff for later.
So here goes nuffin’…
10 years ago
I was about to turn 15, starting high school in Ottawa, feeling a whole lot less street-wise than my city friends. Massive crush on Simon. *cringe*
Had already created my first two websites, knew I had some sort of interest in Internet-related things and media. Wasted a hell of a lot of time on the NCF chat rooms, then meeting with the local troublemakers on Saturdays on Rideau roof.
5 years ago
About to turn 20, I was only days away from meeting Andrew for the first time. It was the beginning of a whole new era of my life, revolving around moving to the UK.
Beginning my 2nd year of University, and getting that real urge to work in the real world and knowing I wouldn’t settle for a steady-but-boring job with the federal government like half my Uni friends would do.
1 year ago
Having a good 5-day weekend, with some Canadian friends visiting.
Reflecting on Katrina.
5 songs I know all the words to
There are too many… but here’s a varied bunch randomly out of iTunes
- Corinne Bailey Rae – Trouble Sleeping
- The Cardigans – And Then You Kissed Me II
- RENT – Take Me Out Tonight (oh that brings back memories…)
- Jamiroquai – Seven Days in Sunny June
- Lara Fabian – Bambina
- Sunblushed tomatoes and brie on crackers
- Wasabi peanuts
- Homemade peanut butter and chocolate chips cookies
- Rice crackers
- Mango cut up into pieces
5 things to I’d do with £100 million
- First, I would buy an enormous old farm and get it entirely renovated to keep a traditional exterior, but do it up contemporary, open and light on the inside. It’d be entirely electronically controlled and a sleek home office. No, in fact, I’d have two big houses, one in Canada and one in the UK so I can live and do business from either continent, while near mine or Andrew’s family.
- I’d use a big chunk to help promising startup companies get on their feet and grow. They would be working in technology, arts and/or international development.
- Without a doubt, I’d arrange for my family to travel from Canada to here on a whim in a private plane as often as they like!
- I’d have my own small summer festival, with Jamiroquai headlining. It’d be the perfect festival, mud by day, comfortable bed to sleep in and cleanliness by night!
- I would get cooking lessons from professional chefs (even though I doubt I’d do much of my own cooking on a daily basis) and I’d have the luxury of telling Gordon Ramsay to shove it.
5 places I’d run away to
- The old family cottage, in Baldwin Mills, Eastern Counties of Quebec (which I’d re-buy with my millions of course)
- The japanese countryside always inspires me, but as I’ve never seen it with my own eyes, I don’t know if I’m just making it appear more romantic than it is
- Montreal in the fall
- There aren’t many places I’d run off to, I’m quite happy here
5 things I’d never wear
- Bright red lipstick
- Those wide sparkly belts, I haven’t got enough waist for that
- Hotpants shorts, nobody needs the trauma that would be associated to it
- Those XL men’s tshirts they give out at conferences
5 favourite TV shows
TV’s a guilty pleasure for me, and I try to watch as little of it as I can, but when I do, I let the trash in.
5 greatest joys
- Having had the courage to leave my hometown and move abroad, rather than assume it’s impossible and take up a dead-end job locally
- Waking up in winter and not having to put winter boots on (is there an anti-Canada theme here? Think nothing of it!)
- Books and all sources of information – I love learning new stuff
- Andrew’s sense of humour
- Having known my grandparents on my mom’s side well while they were alive
5 favourite toys
- My Powerbook G4
- Nokia N70 phone
- Airport Express
- The Octotunes (which… was meant for a friend’s baby, but I’m tempted to buy one for myself!!)
- Nintendo DS Lite with Bomberman and Super Mario Bros
As I like to do, I always add a new question to Memes that are passed onto me. So here’s a bonus one.
5 things you never thought you’d be doing… (one for each)
10 years ago
Never thought I’d be living in an English-speaking country and be married to an English-speaking guy
5 years ago
Never thought I’d be married by the age of 22!
2 years ago
Never thought marriage would actually be so good and easy!
a year ago
Never thought my working life would be such a rollercoaster
a month ago
Never thought my sister would go home without some weird disease from the Cam river (though it’s still got time to develop, even if she’s back home!)
And never thought I’d be quoted in the Guardian for giving my opinion on blue smoking cats.
Five people I’m tagging
Bah, tagging is rubbish! As Keris said, if you fancy doing it, do it. If you don’t, I’m certainly not offended that you’ve got better things to do! 🙂